This recipe is packed with the naturally sweet flavors of apple, cinnamon and raisin, and topped with healthy omega-3 fats and extra fiber from the flax meal. Have your spoon at the ready, and dig in! Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· 1 apple, cored, grated or diced finely
· 1 Tbs. flax meal
· 1 Tbs. raisins
· ¼ tsp cinnamon
· Optional: maple syrup to taste
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add apple, raisins, flax meal and cinnamon.
4. Taste before adding maple syrup as figs are very sweet.
5. Stir to mix and enjoy.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_apple_raisin_oatmeal.docx