VEGAN BUFFALO BITES
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found online from The Real Food Dietitians and have converted it to vegan ingredients. It’s absolutely delicious hot or cold. It’s a great appetizer for parties or as a salad over a bed of spinach. I have included a vegan Ranch dressing for dipping.
· 1 large head of cauliflower, stems removed, cut in bite-sized chunks
· ½ a cup of hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is great)
· 2 ½ Tbs. coconut oil or olive oil
· 1 Tbs. tamari
· 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· ½ tsp. garlic powder
· ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut up cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
3. Make the buffalo sauce in a small pot. Place the pot over low heat. Add the coconut oil or olive oil and heat until melted.
4. Add hot sauce, tamari, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine when warm and remove from the heat.
5. Add 2/3 of the sauce to the cauliflower bowl and toss cauliflower to coat.
6. Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in one layer.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over the cauliflower after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
8. When done, transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish and drizzle with the 1/3 remaining sauce.
9. Serve with Cashew Ranch Dressing.
CASHEW RANCH DRESSING
I doubled this recipe from the book Raw-Vitalize by Mimi Kirk and Mia Kirk White. It’s a simple and delicious recipe for salads or, in this case, a great dip and enough for the Vegan Buffalo Bites. You will want to soak your raw cashews for at least an hour or overnight. You can make it straight away with about ½ a cup of extra water but it is more grainy than smooth.
· ½ cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
· 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
· Juice of ½ a lemon
· ½ tsp. onion powder
· ½ tsp. garlic powder
· ½ cup filtered water
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a blender, NutriBullet or mini food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl or glass container and chill until ready to serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_vegan_buffalo_bites.docx
My buddy Naoko suffers from seasonal allergies and she is also an RHN. She raves about this product and says that there is also a nasal spray. A Vogel Allergy Relief a Homeopathic Preparation. She got hers from Naked Naturals in Parksville for $12.99 but you should be able to find this brand at your health food store. If you are on any medications, make sure that the person at the health food store checks for any contraindications as this is a homeopathic blend.