Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. It is originally an overnight oatmeal method but this time of year, I like a warm breakfast. Banana bread is usually loaded with butter and sugar, but today it gets a healthy update in a simple, yet tasty oatmeal. Still delectably moist with a little bit of crunch, these oats are worthy of a bowl-licking. Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 banana
· 2 Tbs. chopped walnuts
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· Optional: 1 tsp. maple syrup
1. In a bowl or travel jar, add rolled oats, cinnamon and 1 tsp. maple syrup and stir. Leave the spoon in the jar to help conduct the heat from the boiling water so the glass won’t crack.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water to the jar/bowl.
3. Cover the jar/bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Chop banana and walnuts and stir into the jar/bowl and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_banana_bread_oatmeal.docx