Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. Making a delectable bean burger from scratch doesn't need to be tricky! This recipe is as simple as mashing all the tasty ingredients together, and letting them work their magic! Depending on what your goals are, you may want to enjoy this burger open-face style, with just one half of the bun.
· ½ can black beans, rinsed or 1 cup cooked, mashed (leave a few intact)
· 3 Tbs. rolled oats
· 2 Tbs. yellow mustard
· Optional: sea salt and pepper, Mrs. Dash or other no salt seasoning
· 1 Whole wheat, whole grain or gluten free bun
· ¼ avocado
· 1-2 slices red onion, sliced thin
· 1-2 slices tomato, sliced
· Mixed greens
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the beans, rolled oats, mustard and salt and pepper or other seasonings to taste. If you have time, cover and let sit in the fridge for ½ an hour.
5. While waiting for it to cook or while it’s resting in the fridge, slice the avocado, red onion and tomato.
6. Toast the bun (or not if it’s fresh).
7. Prepare the fixings on the bun and slide on the bean patty when done.
8. Enjoy a side salad of mixed greens with your favorite dressing as well.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_black_bean_and_mustard_burger.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.