Overnight oats are simple and bountiful - packed with whole grains and fiber to get you all the way to lunch. This morning, blueberries and unsalted cashews turn ordinary oatmeal into a colorful cobbler-inspired bowl of goodness. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ cup blueberries or other mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
· 2 Tbs. unsalted cashews
· Optional: 1 pinch cinnamon and/or maple syrup to taste
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add mixed berries to the top.
4. Add cashews, optional cinnamon, and maple syrup and stir to mix and enjoy.
Note: This time of year fresh berries are so expensive. To thaw fruit quickly, put the fruit in a bowl, fill the sink with hot water and sit the bowl in the hot water. This heats the bowl slowly and the fruit thaws in about 5 minutes.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_blueberry_cobbler_oatmeal.docx