I don’t have a clue where I got this recipe from but it’s a good one. Another versatile food for the plant-based cook is the cauliflower. When cooked in this manner, it resembles ground meat. Awesome in chili, spaghetti sauce or other dishes that require ground meat. Obviously, it doesn’t taste like ground meat but the spices give it a lovely flavor.
· 1 head of cauliflower
· 1 Tbs. Coconut oil
· 3 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos (or Coconut Aminos)
· ¼ cup coconut or chickpea flour
· 1 ½ tsp. cumin
· ¼ tsp. ground coriander
· ½ tsp. onion powder
· ½ tsp. garlic powder
· ½ tsp. chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces (I use my Veggie Bullet or a food processor) and transfer it into a large bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and coat the cauliflower.
4. Add Bragg Aminos and coat evenly.
5. Add all dry ingredients to a small bowl and mix together then add to the cauliflower and coat cauliflower evenly.
6. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spread out the cauliflower mixture in a single layer.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Broil for an additional 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and flip/mix to make sure it is evenly browned. If it isn’t, put it back in the oven on broil for an additional 10-15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and cool.
This makes about 4 servings so you can freeze it like meat to add to any dishes.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_cauiflower_ground_meat.docx
It looks just like ground beef in this chili recipe. Amazing!