Oatmeal is always super easy, healthy and delicious. They’re also kid-friendly, heart-healthy, and they stick with you longer than refined cereals. The warm, chai spices in this version give the oats a grown-up flavor, while the banana and dates keep it (naturally) sweet enough for kids. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ banana, fresh (chopped) or frozen and thawed (mashed)
· ½ cup berries, fresh or frozen and thawed
· 1 date, chopped
· 1 tsp. flax meal
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· ¼ tsp ground ginger
· 1 pinch ground cardamom
· 1 Tbs. unsalted cashews, chopped
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
4. Add the banana and berries
5. Top with flax seed and cashews.
6. Stir to mix and enjoy.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_chai_spiced_oats_with_berries.docx