The simple, whole-grain goodness of oats combines forces with the pudding-making power of omega 3-rich chia seeds in this delicious throw-it-together breakfast. Mix it up the night before, and have a bountiful breakfast waiting for you! Makes one medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· 1 banana, mashed
· ½ cup black berries or mixed berries
· 1 Tbs. chia seeds
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Add chia seeds and stir through to mix.
3. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add one mashed banana and mix through. (I use thawed out frozen banana.)
5. Add mixed berries to the top and mix through.
Note: I use frozen banana and mixed frozen berries thawed out. I always have extra bananas that are overripe in the freezer and this time of year fresh berries are so expensive. To thaw fruit quickly, put the fruit in a bowl, fill the sink with hot water and sit the bowl in the hot water. This heats the bowl slowly and the fruit thaws in about 5 minutes.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_chia_berry_oatmeal.docx