Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. This dinner is as satisfying as it is simple! With whole grains, plant protein, veggies and loads of flavor, this no-fuss chili mac gets right down to business! Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup whole wheat or gluten free pasta
· A little purified water for ‘frying’
· ¼ onion, diced
· ½ can no-salt diced tomatoes
· ½ can kidney beans, rinsed or ½ cup pre-cooked beans
· ½ tsp. chili powder
· ½ tsp. cumin
· 2 tsps. Nutritional yeast
· 1 green onion, sliced
· Sea salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to directions on package.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, water sauté onions until soft and translucent. Add diced tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, and nutritional yeast. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over cooked pasta. Top with green onion and extra nutritional yeast, and enjoy!
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.