This is inarguably the best way to start the day. A healthy fat and protein source full of vitamins and minerals plus easily-digestible carbohydrates, topped off with incredible flavors and textures, this classic oatmeal combination is the best of the best! Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup purified water
· ½ cup oatmeal
· 1 banana, chopped
· 2 Tbs. chopped walnuts
· 1 tsp. cacao or cocoa powder
· Optional: 1 tsp. date sugar, honey or maple syrup
1. In a bowl or travel jar, add oatmeal, cacao and optional sweetener and stir.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water to the jar/bowl.
3. Cover the jar/bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Chop banana and walnuts and stir into the jar/bowl and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_chocolate_banana_oatmeal.docx