Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. This dish is protein-packed thanks to the lentil pasta. We love it for a quick, nutritious alternative to traditional whole grain pasta! Fresh herbs and greens combined with a dash of sour lemon will brighten the dish and enlighten the senses. Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup red lentil pasta
· 2 cups spinach, chopped
· ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
· ½ cup garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed
· Juice of ½ a lemon, seeds removed
· 1 Tbs. pumpkin seeds
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the lentil pasta according to directions on the package.
2. In a medium bowl, add spinach, cilantro, and beans.
3. When it’s done, drain the pasta and add it to the bowl.
4. Mix the pasta with the salad ingredients and add the lemon juice and salt and pepper if you are using them.
5. Top with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_cilantro_lemon_pasta.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.