Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. A creamy, spicy curry perfect for a quick lunch or cool evening. This soup will warm your bones and feed your every working muscle with protein, iron, zinc and more! Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 medium red skin potato, diced
· ½ can lentils, rinsed or 2/3 cup premade lentils
· 1 garlic clove, minced or diced finely
· 1 bell pepper, diced
· ¼ cup purified water
· ½ tsp. curry powder
· Pinch of cayenne pepper
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preboil or steam the potato until tender.
2. In a medium pot on medium low heat, add the lentils, garlic, peppers, water and curry powder. Heat until hot.
3. Add the cooked potato.
4. To make the soup creamy, use an immersion blender or simply mash the lentils and potatoes. I like to scoop out ½ the vegetables and blend half of the soup and leave the remainder chunky for the texture.
5. Garnish with a pinch of cayenne pepper and add sea salt and pepper to taste.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_creamy_curry_lentil_soup.docx