Dona's Energy Snacks are featured in the bottom left of this picture.
Here’s another energy ball recipe given to me by Dona Bradley who is the academic director for CSNN Nanaimo. I have made some amendments to the original recipe.
· 1 1/3 cups pitted dates
· ½ cup ground flax seeds
· ½ cup almond flour
· ½ cup dried fruit like blueberries or cranberries
· ½ cup of nut butter like almond or cashew
· 1 – 2 Tbs. coconut oil
· ½ cup shredded coconut (preferably no sulfites added)
1. Finely chop dates and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add ground flax, almond flour and dried fruit and mix to coat.
3. In a small bowl, blend nut butter and coconut oil until well mixed.
4. Add nut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop up with teaspoon and roll into balls (grease your hands with extra coconut oil to stop the
dough from sticking to your hands).
6. Shape into balls and roll in the coconut.
7. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and chill in the fridge for about half an hour to set.
8. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator or freeze for later use.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_donas_energy_snacks.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.