Here’s another adapted recipe from Engine 2. Packed with fiber, whole grains and plenty of flare, this is a dish that satisfies and shows how simple healthy eating can be! Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup whole grain or gluten free pasta
· A little purified water for ‘frying’
· ¼ onion, diced
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
· ¼ tsp. cumin
· ½ tsp. chili powder
· ½ tomato, diced
· ½ small zucchini, diced
· ½ can pinto beans, rinsed or 2/3 cup premade
· ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
2. Add a little water to a pot and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the garlic, cumin, and chili powder into the onions. Then, add the veggies and beans, cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the cilantro to the vegetables. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve the vegetables over the whole grain pasta, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_easy_pinto_bean_pasta.docx