You won’t miss meat with this hearty, flavorful vegan soup. Serve with fresh bread or light rye crackers and a salad.
· 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
· 2 medium onions, diced
· 2 large celery, diced
· 2 medium carrots, diced
· 2 medium potatoes, diced
· 1 large can diced tomatoes
· ¼ cup brown basmati rice, rinsed
· ¼ cup wild rice, rinsed
· ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed
· ¼ cup pot barley, rinsed
· 2 bay leaves
· 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning
· 8 cups purified water
· 2 heaping Tbs. organic vegetable bouillon or 2-3 cubes organic vegetable cubes
· ¼ cup fresh dill or 1 Tbs. dried dill
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, add oil and onions and sauté for 8-10 minutes on medium (5) until onions are translucent.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except for dill, salt and pepper, and simmer for one hour.
3. Add dill, sea salt and pepper and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
4. Serve immediately or cool and freeze in glass containers for quick lunches and suppers.
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.