The two hummus dips are pictured here: Garlic hummus at the top and Garam Masala Hummus is on the left.
· 2 cups garbanzo beans or chickpeas (presoaked overnight and cooked until soft)
· 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
· ½ cup fresh lemon juice
· 2 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste)
· 1 tsp. sea salt
Put all ingredients in a food processor, blend until smooth and creamy.
Variation: Garam Masala Hummus
Follow recipe as above and add the following ingredients to get a distinct Indian flavour.
· 1 Tbs. garam masala
· 1 tsp. turmeric
· 1 tsp. black pepper (or 10 turns on a pepper mill)
· 1 tsp. raw honey (this helps balance the flavours)
As above, put all ingredients in a food processor, bend until smooth and creamy.