Here’s another altered recipe from Engine 2. This colorful salad is packed with veggies, antioxidants, fiber and plant protein. The green, herby dressing - made with cilantro, green onion and lime - makes a delicious addition to any variety of salads. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ¼ cup quinoa, uncooked (or) ½ cup cooked quinoa
· 4 cups mixed greens
· ½ cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
· ½ red pepper, thin strips
· ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
· ½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
· 2 Tbs. cashews
· On the side: 1 orange
· 2 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
· 1 green onion, chopped
· Juice of ½ a lime, seeds removed
· 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
· ¼ tsp. ground ginger
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, green onion, lime juice, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and agave. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, cooked quinoa, beans, red pepper, cucumber matchsticks, purple cabbage and cashews. Pour on dressing and toss to coat. Serve with an orange on the side.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_ginger_lime_quinoa_salad.docx