Oatmeal is getting (just a little) dressed up this morning! With healthy omega-3 fats in the mix and an extra helping of plant protein (thanks to the hempseeds), this very berry oatmeal makes a delicious, nourishing and satisfying bowl of wake-up-and-smell-the-oatmeal goodness. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· 1 cup mixed berries
· 1 Tbs. hemp seeds
· 1 Tbs. ground flax seeds
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add mixed berries to the top.
4. Add flax and hemp seeds and stir to mix and enjoy.
Note: This time of year fresh berries are so expensive. To thaw fruit quickly, put the fruit in a bowl, fill the sink with hot water and sit the bowl in the hot water. This heats the bowl slowly and the fruit thaws in about 5 minutes.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_hemp_berry_oatmeal.docx