This refreshing power bowl is perfect for a throw-it-together dinner or a pack-it-up leftover lunch! Full of plant protein (from the quinoa and lentils) and vitamin C (thanks to the zucchini and tomato), this simple, delicious meal is simply nourishing. Makes 1 medium serving.
· a little purified water for heating
· ½ can lentils, rinsed or 2/3 cup precooked lentils
· 1 cup premade quinoa
· 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
· 1 tomato, diced
· 1 small zucchini, diced
· 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 Tbs. fresh mint, chopped
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Add a little purified water to a pot and heat at medium low.
2. Add lentils and heat until warmed through.
3. Add quinoa and Italian seasoning and mix with lentils. Turn down burner to low and cover. You may need to add a little more water to prevent the quinoa from sticking.
4. Add tomato and zucchini and heat through.
5. Plate the lentil mixture and top with chopped parsley, mint and salt and pepper to taste.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_italian_lentils_and_summer_vegetables.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.