Kim's Raw Energy Balls are pictured on the top left of this photo.
Kim is one of the instructors at CSNN Nanaimo and teaches Sports Nutrition along with other courses. Here’s a great pick-me-up for low energy afternoons or after sports.
· 2 ½ cups of rolled oats
· ½ cup pumpkin seeds
· 2 Tbs. sunflower seeds
· ½ cup almond or another nut butter
· 1/3 cup raw honey
· 2 Tbs. maple syrup
· 1 Tbs. chia seeds soaked in 2 Tbs. water
· ½ cup raisins or other dried fruit such as blueberries, cranberries, cherries, apricot, fig or dates
· Unsweetened sulfite free shredded coconut to coat
1. In a food processor, puree ½ cup rolled oats and pumpkin seeds until powdery. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining oats and sunflower seeds in food processor.
3. Add soaked chia, almond butter, honey and maple syrup. Puree until well mixed.
4. Add raisins and continue to puree until mixture comes together. It will become heavy and sticky.
5. Rub coconut oil into your clean hands (to keep dough from sticking to hands) and roll mixture into balls, then coat in coconut shreds.
6. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes until they set. Transfer to a sealed container for storage. They will last about a week on the counter, or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_kims_raw_energy_balls.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.