This lemon-date combination is more like spoon-able lemonade! Only this lemonade is full of fiber, complex carbs for energy, vitamins from fresh fruit, and clean ingredients that are perfect for breakfast. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 Tbs. chia seeds
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ banana, mashed (if fresh, freeze the other half)
· Juice of ¼ lemon, seeds removed
· 2 dates, chopped
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Add chia seeds and stir through to mix.
3. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add mashed banana and mix through. (I use thawed out frozen banana.)
5. Add lemon juice and dates. Stir to mix and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_lemon_date_chia_pudding.docx