One of the reasons that my sister and I had really wanted to go to Salt Spring was to try the Morningside Organic Bakery because we had heard about their vegan butter and vegan cheeses. After leaving the amazing Saturday Market we drove the winding country road down the island to Fulford Harbour. Fulford Harbour has a ferry that links to Swartz Bay (close to Victoria). The bakery is located right around the corner from the ferry terminal. This may explain some of the 'ugly' details about my review.
Here's some Bad and Ugly details for you:
Here's the Good:
- The food is awesome and presented well. This vegan cheese platter was enough for two and cost $30.00. It featured:
- The Miyoko's butter on lightly toasted bread.
- 3 vegan cheeses:
- French Style Winter Truffle - just okay
- High Sierra Rustic Alpine - my favorite. Rich and creamy flavor.
- Double Cream Sundried Tomato Garlic - My sister's favorite and a close second for me.
My sister bought the butter featured below for $14.95.
Here's the Irony:
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.