I find it more satisfying to use the pita bread as a base and pile everything on top and eat it with a knife and fork. This recipe is super easy and delicious and makes a satisfying yet light lunch. Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 whole wheat pita
· ¼ cup of hummus (preferably oil free)
· ¼ avocado, sliced
· 1 cup spinach leaves, stems removed
· 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
· 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
· ¼ lemon
· 2 pinches chili powder
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the whole wheat pita on a serving plate.
2. Spread hummus on the pita.
3. Evenly place the avocado slices, then spinach leaves, then halved cherry tomatoes on the pita.
4. Top with the chopped fresh parsley
5. Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the vegetables.
6. Sprinkle on the chili powder and grind sea salt and pepper over the pita.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_open_face_pita_with_veggies_and_hummus.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.