You are going to love this colorful pasta salad. As usual it’s vegan, gluten free and uses healthful oils. This dish is great as a summer side dish or on a bed of greens for a light meal. Makes 4 servings.
· 2 cups brown rice shell pasta, uncooked
· 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
· ½ cup black olives, sliced
· ¼ cup red onions, diced
· ½ small bell pepper (any color), diced
· 2 green onions, sliced
· 1 Tbs. oil (flax, hemp or grapeseed)
· 2 Tbs. olive oil
· 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
· ½ tsp. dried basil
· ½ tsp. dried oregano
· ¼ tsp. garlic powder
· ½ tsp. sea salt
1. Cook the shell pasta as directed on the package. I prefer packaged rice pasta over bulk as it remains al dente and is never mushy.
2. While the pasta is cooking, chop the vegetables and set aside.
3. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well. Put in a large salad bowl with a lid and set aside or place in fridge to thoroughly cool.
4. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
5. When the pasta is cool, add all the salad vegetables and dressing and toss to mix.
6. Let the salad rest in the fridge for at least an hour to help develop flavors.
Go here to print the recipe: recipe_pasta_salad_italiano.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.