Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. This luscious pasta dish is quick, easy and finger-licking-good! When you blend savory nutritional yeast, protein-rich white beans and marinara together, the result is positively dreamy! This is sure to be your new go-to dish - for when you need a nourishing bowl of comfort food. Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup whole grain or gluten free pasta
· ¾ cup marinara, premade organic in a jar
· 1 pinch nutritional yeast
· 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
· ½ cup cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed
· Black pepper to taste
· Side Salad: 2 cups mixed greens and 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar or your own dressing.
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine marinara, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and beans. Blend to desired consistency (pulse for a chunkier sauce or completely blend for a smooth sauce).
3. Transfer to a saucepan and heat over low-medium until warm. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast and black pepper.
4. Serve with mixed greens tossed in balsamic vinegar, and enjoy!
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_pasta_with_creamy_marinara.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.