Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. This simple supper covers all the nutritious and tasty basics: greens, plant protein, whole grains and lots of savory flavors. Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup brown rice pasta
· A little purified water for ‘frying’
· 1 clove garlic, diced finely or minced
· ½ can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed
· ½ cup premade marinara (or jarred organic pasta sauce)
· 2 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp. dried basil
· 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
· 1 cup mixed greens
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook brown rice pasta according to package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the ‘frying’ water in a skillet that is large enough to hold all the cooked pasta and the marinara sauce.
3. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the marinara sauce, fresh basil, beans and nutritional yeast.
5. Add the mixed greens and stir.
6. Cook until the sauce is hot and the mixed greens are starting to wilt but still vibrant.
7. Drain the brown rice pasta and add it you’re your sauce.
8. Mix and spoon into your bowl. Enjoy!
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_pasta_with_greens_and_beans.docx