Here’s another adapted recipe from La Dolce Vegan. It’s a great way of using up lots of fresh basil, green beans or cherry tomatoes if you are growing them. Basil is not just delicious. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. A delicious way to improve your health.
· 5-6 medium new potatoes, washed and quartered
· 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
· 5 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked then finely chopped (or) 6 fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
· 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
· 1 ½ cups fresh basil
· ¼ cup raw pine nuts
· 2 garlic cloves
· ¼ tsp. sea salt
· ¼ tsp. black pepper
· ¼ cup oil (e.g. extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil, flax or hemp oil)
1. In a large pot with water, boil the potatoes until they can be pierced easily with a fork. (20-30 minutes) Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, add all the pesto sauce ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
3. Assemble the salad in a medium bowl by combining the cooled potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar. Toss to mix and coat.
4. Add the pesto sauce and gently toss until it well mixed. Serve chilled.
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.