This version brings a taste of the holidays to any day. Pumpkin pie for breakfast? Yes, please! Makes one medium serving.
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ cup rolled oats
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· ¼ tsp. nutmeg
· Optional: 1 tsp. maple syrup
· ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
· 1 banana, diced or sliced
· 2 Tbs. walnuts, chopped
1. In a bowl or travel jar, add rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and optional maple syrup and stir. Leave the spoon in the jar to help conduct the heat from the boiling water so the glass won’t crack.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water to the jar/bowl.
3. Cover the jar/bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add pumpkin puree and stir in.
5. Chop banana and walnuts and stir into the jar/bowl and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_pumpkin_pie_oatmeal.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.