This is one of the most delicious combinations in all of breakfast pastry history. Here, we have transformed it into a light and healthy breakfast that's easy to throw together and will get your day started off on the right foot. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ¼ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
· 1 Tbs. unsalted sunflower seeds
· Maple syrup if desired
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add the berries and maple syrup if using.
4. Top with the sunflower seeds.
5. Stir to mix and enjoy.
Note: Fresh raspberries aren't always available, but frozen raspberries - or any other berry - will work just fine in their place. No unsalted sunflower seeds? Any other nut or seed will do!
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.