This salad is huge so it’s great for barbecues and pot lucks. If you are making it for your family and it will be in the fridge for a couple of days, omit the beansprouts and add dressing just before serving.
· ½ head Napa cabbage, sliced
· ½ head purple cabbage, sliced
· 2 carrots, grated
· ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
· ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
· ½ cup bean sprouts (omit if you aren’t using the whole salad in one day)
· ¼ cup raw almonds, sliced
· 2 Tbs. raw sesame seeds
1. Add shredded Napa and purple cabbage, carrots, basil, cilantro and bean sprouts to a very large bowl.
2. Add dressing and toss.
3. Top with almonds and sesame seeds and lightly toss.
Thai Peanut Dressing Ingredients:
· 1 Tbs. soy sauce
· 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
· 1/3 cup quality peanut butter (no sugar or salt added)
· ¾ cup coconut milk (carton, not canned)
· 1 Tbs. honey
· 1 clove garlic, peeled
· ½ inch fresh ginger
· ½ tsp. chili flakes
· ½ tsp. salt
1. Add all ingredients to a NutriBullet cup or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Store in a sealable glass container.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_raw_asian_slaw_with_thai_peanut_dressing.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.