These Raw Protein Bars are pictured in the top right corner.
Here’s a delicious recipe for a raw protein bar which is featured in The Lifehouse calendar (2017). It was originally given to Heather-Lynn by Cathy Chenier from Manitoba. I have revised it slightly.
· 1 cup hemp hearts
· 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
· 1 cup almond flour
· ¾ cup dried goji berries
· ½ cup raisins
· ½ cup vegan protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
· 3 big heaping Tbs. cocoa or raw cacao powder
· 2 Tbs. ground flax seed
· 10 Tbs. melted coconut oil
· 4 Tbs. raw honey
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Warm to melt the coconut oil and honey.
3. Add the honey oil to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, turn out the mixture and shape with your hands
into a square and flatten.
5. Score the mixture with a knife to make it easier to cut into squares after it sets.
6. Let set in the fridge or freezer for about half an hour.
7. Cut into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_raw_protein_bars.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.