Righteous Orbs are pictured in the bottom right dish in this picture.
A version of this raw energy snack recipe was given to me by Dona Bradley, who is the academic director of CSNN, Nanaimo. The cool name is all hers!
· 1/3 cup hemp hearts
· 2 cups nuts of your choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.) (or) 2 cups almond flour if you
don't have a food processor
· 1 cup raisins
· 2 Tbs. maple syrup or honey
· 1 Tbs. coconut oil + some to grease hands when rolling
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· ¼ tsp. salt
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Measure out hemp seeds onto a small plate and set aside.
3. In a food processor, add nuts and chop until fine.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the
processor and forms a dough.
5. Scoop out teaspoons of dough and roll into balls with clean coconut oil covered hands.
6. Roll each ball in hemp seeds until coated.
7. Place balls on the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_righteous_orbs.docx