Here’s a recipe from the book How it all Vegan! I have made some adjustments. Buckwheat (soba) noodles are gluten free so you can get your noodle fix without worrying about gluten.
· 1 package soba noodles (enough for 4 servings)
· 2 Tbs. sesame oil
· ¼ cup tamari or Bragg’s soy sauce
· ¼ cup rice vinegar
· ½ cup cucumber, seeded and shredded
· 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
· 6 large radishes, sliced
· 3 green onions, thinly sliced
· ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
1. In a medium pot, cook noodles until al dente (tender but still firm to bite), about 8 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, and vinegar.
4. Toss with the noodles to coat.
5. Add the cucumber, carrots, radishes, and onions and toss.
6. Garnish with the raw sesame seeds and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_sesame_soba_noodle_salad.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.