Here’s another recipe from La Dolce Vegan! I am a big fan of traditional potato salad, but this one is a great way of changing things up.
· 1 ½ lbs. potatoes, diced
· 2 Tbs. olive oil
· 1 tsp. mustard seeds
· 2 tsp. cumin seeds
· 2 garlic cloves, diced
· 1 tsp. ground coriander
· 1 medium jalapeno pepper, diced (if you like the heat, leave in the seeds)
· ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
· ¼ tsp. sea salt
· 2 Tbs. Vegenaise (vegan dressing)
· Juice of ½ a lime
1. In a large pot, boil the potatoes until they can be pierced easily with a fork. Drain and rinse potatoes under cold water. Set aside to let cool.
2. While potatoes are cooking, in a small saucepan add oil and heat on medium (4-6 on the dial).
3. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, coriander, and jalapeno and sauté until the mustard seeds begin to pop and crackle. Let cool in the pan.
4. Add spice mixture to the potatoes, add fresh cilantro, sea salt, Vegenaise and lime juice. Toss to mix and cool in the fridge for at lease an hour for flavors to mix.
5. Serve on a bed of lettuce to get your greens in or on a whole wheat wrap with garlic hummus and lettuce for a deconstructed samosa.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_spiced_potato_salad.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.