This pudding is all about the amazing talents of chia seeds. High in protein and full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds are a deliciously healthy way to magically make a luscious pudding. Top it off with fresh or frozen strawberries for a burst of fruity sweetness and Vitamin C in every bite! Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 Tbs. chia seeds
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed, sliced
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· 1 date, chopped
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Stir in chia seeds into oats before adding water to keep from clumping.
3. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add the berries, cinnamon and date.
5. Stir to mix and enjoy.
Note: Fresh strawberries aren't always available, but frozen strawberries - or any other berry - will work just fine in their place.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_strawberry_oat_chia_pudding.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.