Here’s another recipe from Engine 2. This figgy vanilla oatmeal is warming and filling - like starting your day with a nourishing hug! Makes 1 medium serving.
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· ½ cup rolled oats
· ¼ tsp vanilla
· 1 pinch cinnamon
· 2 dried figs, chopped
· 1 Tbs. pumpkin seeds
· Optional: 1 tsp. maple syrup
· 2 Tbs. unsweetened plant milk
1. In a bowl or travel jar, add rolled oats, cinnamon, vanilla and 1 tsp. maple syrup and stir. Leave the spoon in the jar to help conduct the heat from the boiling water so the glass won’t crack.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water to the jar/bowl.
3. Cover the jar/bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Chop figs and pumpkin seeds and stir into the jar/bowl.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_vanilla_fig_oatmeal.docx