Figs have been enjoyed by humans since ancient times. They are one of the most prized fruits in history. And for good reason! Figs offer a delicate sweetness plus nutrients like fiber and manganese. Delicious spices and a quick cooking oatmeal make for the perfect medium for enjoying figs on a busy morning. Makes 1 medium serving.
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 cup boiling purified water
· 2 dried figs, chopped small
· 2 Tbs. walnuts, chopped
· ¼ tsp cinnamon
· 1 pinch nutmeg
· Optional: maple syrup to taste
1. Add oats of a jar or bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over the oats, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add figs, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Taste before adding maple syrup as figs are very sweet.
5. Stir to mix and enjoy.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_walnut_fig_oatmeal.docx