· Soak the cashews for at least 2 hours before making this recipe to have a soft creamy texture.
· Zucchini holds a lot of water. To help get rid of the excess water after spiralizing, lightly salt the zucchini to draw out the water and let sit for half an hour then drain off the liquid. Don’t premix this salad with the sauce as it will become watery.
· 1 small zucchini – spiralized
Sauce: This sauce makes over a cup and stores well in the fridge.
· 1 cup raw cashews, soaked, rinsed and drained
· 2/3 cup purified water
· 2 Tbs. olive oil
· 1.5 Tbs. lemon juice
· 1 Tbs. tamari
· 2 Tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped fine
· 2 cloves garlic, minced (omit if don’t you like garlic)
· 3 Tbs. nutritional yeast
· Sea salt and pepper, to taste
· Garnish with fresh chopped basil and black pepper
1. Soak cashews for two hours or more.
2. Spiralize the zucchini and lightly salt and set aside.
3. Put cashews, water, olive oil, lemon juice, tamari, rosemary, garlic, nutritional yeast and sea salt and pepper in a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
4. Drain excess water from the zucchini.
5. Pour on dressing, about one third to a half, and mix lightly with the zucchini noodles.
6. Top with chopped basil and black pepper and serve.
Note: This is a RAW recipe and is a perfect summer meal. You can quickly heat the zucchini if you want this dish warm but don’t cook long or else you’ll have a mushy mess.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_zucchini_spirals_with_faux_alfredo_sauce.docx
I am a registered holistic nutritionist, open-minded vegan and cooking enthusiast.