Here’s another Engine 2 oatmeal option. I adjusted the nut milk down to 3/4 of a cup as it was pretty runny. Hiding vegetables in your breakfast has never been so delicious. All of the flavors of carrot cake are on the menu this morning, without the sugar crash!
Makes 1 Medium Serving
· ½ cup rolled oats
· 1 Tbs. raisins
· 3/4 cup unsweetened nut, rice or soy milk
· ½ carrot, grated
· 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
· 2 Tbs. chopped walnuts
1. Add rolled oats and raisins to a glass container.
2. Top with unsweetened plant milk.
3. Cover the oatmeal and put in the fridge overnight.
4. The next morning, grate the carrot and add it with the cinnamon and walnuts to the oatmeal.
5. Mix and enjoy!
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_carrot_cake_overnight_oats.docx