Craving an easy, low fat pizza replacement? I prefer these pizzas over anything they offer at a restaurant. Serve it on its own or couple it with a delicious bowl of Minestrone Soup. If you want a cheesy pizza you can add nutritional yeast or Daiya cheese to the top, however, it’s just great without it.
· 1 premade whole grain pizza shell (comes in packages of 2)
· 1 can pizza sauce (1 small can is enough for 2 pizzas)
· OR: ¼ can tomato sauce, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. parsley
· ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
· 1 red, yellow or orange pepper, thinly sliced
· 5-6 white mushrooms sliced
· Spinach or basil leaves
· Oregano to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cook pizza shell for 10 minutes on a baking pan. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the pizza shell.
2. Smear pizza shell with the pizza sauce.
3. Add onion, pepper and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
4. Add a few spinach or basil leaves.
5. Sprinkle on some oregano
6. Optional: add nutritional yeast or Daiya cheese
7. Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
8. Slice and serve.
Go here to print this recipe: recipe_easy_plant_based_pizza.docx